Friday, October 19, 2012

Cleaning out the engine room

IMG_2431

We start by removing the pedestal. A bigger job than I anticipated. A lot of the stainless machine screws have frozen in aluminum. The pedestal is leaking into the engine room and I thought it best to rebed.

IMG_2434

Felicity is taken out of the floorboard screws. They came out easily. All was left was to prybar the floor board off.

IMG_2436

Above you can see the engine. I removed the heating system and it’s 3” hoses as seen on the top of the picture. I also removed all the 12 volt and 110 volt wiring and boxes on the left of the photo. The engine room is as cleared out as much as needed. I used a 2 foot breaker bar to remove the screws on the half coupling. I tried an impact driver but brute strength was what was needed. All I have to do is to remove the negative grounds to the engine and the fuel lines. All the motor mounts have been loosened. The engine is ready to pull out.

No comments: