I am thrilled... we are able to watch the Olympics in Vancouver without trekking up to the cruisers' lounge. A while back we bought a usb tv receiver for our computer. It came with a small desktop antenna which picked up one or two useful stations on a good day. We considered mounting a larger antenna but since our future plans do not include hanging around the US or Canada (we hope) we decided that the expense and hassle was not worth it. A few days ago Alan was talking to someone on the dock who explained that we could use our VHF radio antenna for the tv. It is already at the top of the mast. After buying a vhf antenna coupler, a barrel connector, and a 75 ohm tv antenna wire which connects to our tv receiver ( total $25) Alan forced the barrel connector to fit on the antenna wire. We now get all the major networks including a PBS station. I can manage this with Windows Media Center which even allows me to record the tv shows.
We have almost finished the reupholstering of the seat backs in the main cabin. We are just waiting for the local uphostery shop to make us some more buttons. The companionway varnishing is done for this year.
I am working my way through the provisions on the boat. Yesterday I made Pumpkin and pecan muffins, mmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment