I pulled up a couple of planks to see how they were fastened. Not very well. I was stunned to see that it was only held down by screws and small bead of silicone caulking. I would have thought that the plank would be bedded with an adhesive across the whole board. The teak was only 3/16 “ thick in spots. It should take only a day to remove the deck.
Tomorrow we give the go ahead for the new deck. We will meet up with the boat builder at the wood supplier. There is no parking on the weekends at the marina especially with the Start boat show. We have a boat builder who is excited about the project. We received a very competitive price for the labour. He wants to showcase his work with our boat.I mentioned the costs to Roger at Free State Yachts and he says that the decision is a no brainer.
I pulled a sample of the fuel off the bottom of the tank. It did not look too bad until it settled. Guck in what I think is water. I will find another container and remove as much as I can. I got a price to clean the tank at $365. He says to wait till the beginning of next season if we do not do that much motoring this season.
No comments:
Post a Comment