Just to give you an idea of our activities back home – here is a shot of Alan and our daughter Pamela all ready to go cross country skiing.
We are getting settled in and organizing the next few projects. I have purchased a sim card for my phone and some time – the phone # will only be good until April.
We have also purchased a USB television receiver for the computer. Although we get 6 or 7 channels there is only one we will watch regularly (some are in spanish) so we will look into a more powerful antenna. I am hoping to be able to pick up olympic coverage.
Tom came by to discuss the deck replacement. The old deck is coming up very easily – much too easily. It will not take long to remove it. Looks like we will get started in 2-3 weeks and the project is supposed to take about two weeks if the weather cooperates.
The weather is finally warming up and we will be back in shorts. Time to resume the varnishing of the companionway.
It seems that we are not motoring enough – the fuel is beginning to clog up the heat. Alan had to change a little filter. We investigated having the fuel “polished” and were told to wait until the engine would not run. Good thing because it is expensive.
I have finished another book that I have been reading. Certainly a great deal of tragedy for one family, for one man who was the baby of nine children. While I have some issues with both the man and his family it was a fascinating retrospective on the 20th century in the US.
No comments:
Post a Comment