I, of all people should no better than to believe the weather report. After examining all the weather sources we determined it wouldn’t be necessary to lug our rain gear around. We set out to explore the town and not 15 minutes later it began to pour. There are lots of cars that are not marketed in Canada. Too bad this wasn’t ours. Cute, tiny van.
Oh well, by then we had found a quirky marine store to explore. We left and the rain began to lighten up until it was just an annoying drizzle when we entered our first destination.Glasmuseet Ebletoft This museum is primarily dedicated to the history of decorative glass. There were many beautiful pieces on dislay. Unfortunately there was no actual glass blowing happening yesterday.
Here are a few of the pieces I enjoyed.
Yes it is a suitcase….
I hope he doesn’t let go.
I have always admired the work of Dale Chihuly.
splat!
Thinking of my mother who would have loved this piece.
By the time we left, the rain had stopped and we wandered through the cobbled streets and found a cute sandwich shop for lunch. I discovered that when you order a salmon (laks) sandwich, you get smoked salmon. Yum.
Since our credit card is still being refused in most places, we stopped at an ATM for more cash and then found a local grocery store. This one was an Aldi, which is establishing a presence in the US and owns Trader Joes. Inexpensive prices but end of lines and limited selection.
Back to the boat for the final challenge – getting back on the boat. Most marinas dock you bow on, with no finger piers. it is often a long way up from the dock to the bow and the process is not always graceful. We are on the lookout for some sort of ladder that would work.
No comments:
Post a Comment