Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Rolling along

We are now at day 7. We have had a frustrating few days concerning wind and swell. Light winds and 14ft swell means that the winds get dumped out of the sails on a regular basis so our speeds were really slow. Finally the swell has diminished to 2ft and the wind has backed to the south. We are sailing at 6.5kts with 14kts of wind. Full main and asymmetrical spinnaker up. Bonus is we are actually headed to the Azores.
Food and water lasting well and we are trying to get through our farm produce before it goes bad so we are eating lots of veggies and healthy meals. We haven't baked anything in our makeshift oven yet. We are snoozing, watching videos, reading books. Maybe I should polish the stainless, maybe not.
We saw a Portuguese Man o War jellyfish, seabirds, and 2 water bottles. Maybe tomorrow I will try out fishing. We are havee some problems with our batteries keeping their charge. If we have to motor I will check on them and isolate the problem.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: