08:12 this morning, we slipped the lines and motored out of St. Lambert Yacht Club (ex Preville YC). After 11 long months of refit and many false starts in the last little while, we finally shoved off. There was no notice because I was afraid to jinx the departure.
The day was warm, sticky, misty and occasionally rainy. We motored over familiar ground on mostly calm water. 3 locks in the St. Lawrence Seaway done with lots of waiting around for the big ships.
Our new Raymarine electronics give us so much information we will take some time to make sense of it. At the moment, the AIS is fun as it tells us how many ships are in and waiting for the locks. The depth sounder is not so fun as it is giving us some wonky readings.
We pulled into a familiar little dock near Valleyfield about 19:55, just after sunset but still light enough to make our way in. With no depth sounder, hazy, almost dark conditions, I was glad I had been here before.
We had an easy supper and will soon be headed to bed.
I am exhausted, excited, terrified, and more, but more on that in the coming days.
No comments:
Post a Comment