Thursday, May 02, 2013

Finally Putting Things Back Together

I finally feel like things are actually progressing. I think a lot has to do with the change in the weather. It feels like sailing season!! The forecast high temperature today is 24C or 75F. We will soon take the shrink wrap off but there are a few more things to do to make Voila waterproof. In the meantime, I have cut some windows to keep it from getting too warm

IMG_2784

There is no significant rain in the outlook for the next 10 days. Best of all – we are installing things instead of dismantling things.

Last weekend we wend to the annual boat show at A local marina – Gosselin’s. It was strange to be there as a customer rather than an exhibitor. We have time to ask questions, try things on and even buy a few things. A strainer that fits in my magma stacking pots, a tiny pair of walkie talkies. Inexpensive but not waterproof. Can’t believe they are good for 16 miles. Much cheaper than a cell phone when you are in a foreign country. There are so many cool new things for voyaging boats. soon I will explain a few of the ones we have splurged for.

We have been working on the galley. The fridge freezer is positioned and the plywood for most of the counter is cut with holes for the fridge and the sink.  Today we will order the laminate to be glued on.

IMG_2786

The pedestal is ready to be installed and we have our compass back from the repair shop. It looks great. We discovered it is a really high quality compass that was worth repairing. I have been scrubbing out lockers in preparation for a coat of Bilgekote paint to freshen them up. I is amazing how much easier it is to find things when the inside of a locker is white instead of brown.

Today we measured the old head (toilet) and managed to find a new one small enough to use the same footprint.The advantage of having wifi wherever we go, mostly. I am sure Alan will be glad not to have to rebuild it every couple of weeks. Time to go back to work so we can take off early today

No comments: