We organized a Saturday morning start of the engine. I had a couple of things to do. Felicity and I came a little earlier and MJ and Ronald came at 9:30. I put in the antifreeze, arranged a speed control with a push pull accessory cable. I fussed with the auxiliary delivery fuel pump. I arranged to pull up unfiltered fuel from just above the tank. The Posiflo Facet pump would not lift it the 4 or 5 feet. I will a better pump later on.
Here we are sitting in the cockpit under the shrink wrap. The temperature is just a zero C. The Espar heating is on so the engine is relatively warm.
I am adding the antifreeze. It took 8 liters. It will be more when I install the hot water tank.Ronald made up an extension for the electrics of the fuel pump as it rested on the fuel tank, I attached new hoses. The electric pump allowed me to bleed the engine by just opening the bleed valve.
The first attempt was a bust. The harness had come apart. One Mississippi, two Mississippi …. to eight Mississippi. Then press start. Below is the actual sequence of events. It started in less than one revolution!!
The only glitch was that the alternator had no output, I must have wired the regulator wrong.
1 comment:
Bravo !
Hope you enjoy your Beta marine as much as we enjoy ours.
The original fuel pump of our Beta 35 easily feeds from our keel reservoir (3 to 4 feet below). If you add a sqweeze rubber hand pump on the line, you can prime the engine easily without an electric pump.
Post a Comment