We arrive in the early afternoon. We picked up our shaft anodes at the marina office and announced our presence. I walk around Voila and check for critters in the through hulls and condition of the antifouling. Everything looks good. We will do some varnishing. We found a ladder under the hull. Convenient!! While I investigate the installation of the shaft dampener Felicity goes for groceries,a haircut and the NY times. I am hoping the shaft dampener, being in plastic, will isolate the shaft from the engine. We have a big electrolysis problem with the prop.
Will the engine start? I check the batteries. 12.3 V for the house, 12.4 for the engine battery. Fantastic. It has been 15 months since the last charge. Gel batteries, yeah. The fuel is the right colour, there is oil in the engine and antifreeze in the cooling. Ok time to start the engine. I turn over the engine for a minute with the decompression on and fuel stop out. I think this lubricates the turbo and the bearings. I turn of the decompression. Felicity turns over the engine. No dice. Oh, I forgot to push the engine stop in. Felicity tries again and it starts within 10 seconds. Hurrah. We celebrate by going out to Subway for submarines.
1 comment:
Thats great news!!! vrooom
Post a Comment