Just a short note to let everyone know we are back aboard Voila!
We had an uneventful trip down with a stop in Emporia. Due to some strategic packing of the Koolatron we managed to avoid the plethora of junky restaurants along the way. We even had homemade meals reheated in the hotel room microwave. I had yummy lasagne from Pamela.
The boat is just as we left her. All we had to do was turn on the heat, hot water and propane. As I sat in the cabin at 5 a.m. (don’t ask) I could only reflect on how lucky I was to have the luxury of forced air heating when the temperature outside was 1’C and the wind was howling. To think that we considered not replacing the heater because “Florida doesn’t get that cold”. We currently have the companionway open and the cockpit tent up. The boat is quite comfortable even without the heat. Some of the the cruisers have chosen hotels or shelters as an alternative to the cold temperatures of their boats. The good news is that the weather is predicted to improve … 27C by the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment