We now have continious internet access. We pick up the Wifi from the meeting room.
Felicity decides that I must stay out of the cockpit and the below decks as she organises the storage. We start to rationalize all the stuff. We take the half empty cans of carburetor cleaner and acetone and to the for free table. We take old odds and ends hoses. It is amazing what people need. I am chagrined when something lasts for more than 30 minutes. Sometimes I do not even get to the table. We take empty crates and tool boxes back to the van.
I work on the rigging. I set myself up on the quay with all the lines and start splicing. I splice and I splice. I draw a crowd. People come by to ask for the old parts. Heh, I have traded for a Burger King lunch for the old main sheet. I changed the topping lift twice. The first was 10 foot too short. Oops, then I found another topping lift cut for 10 foot longer. I had forgotten that I had made a new one. The old topping lift is in bad shape. The section over the pulley was about to let go. The new mainsheet is very nice, almost no effort to release. I took the old lines to the for free table. They disappeared quickly. Did you know the process of making a splice shrinks the line 3 inches? I made the continious clothesline style pole lift to short.
Tomorrow I will work a little more on the rigging. I should start on the shelving in the hanging lockers.
No comments:
Post a Comment