Friday, October 24, 2008

Preparations Continue

As we move closer to our departure date, the date keeps moving forward. Alan and I are both headed out to visit family. He is going to Vancouver Island and I am headed to Florida. We will regroup here in 10 days and do our last minute packing and preparations. In the meantime we have finally been working on our own projects. We have constructed a new dodger, using beige Topgun fabric. We are currently working on a new mainsail cover/storage system. As always we have been ordering more stuff.
Our new EPIRB arrived and all of our communications devices have been registered with the government. Hopefully, now they will know who they are looking for in the event that our Mayday call goes out or our EPIRB is activated. Definitely a scary thought, but with those, in addition to our liferaft , we are trying to think long term. It is taking forever for the varnish to dry on all of the new cockpit tables etc and I can just see us doing it in Florida.  We now have a new asymmetrical spinnaker. I certainly hope that we will get to use it, given that the prevailing wind says we will be traveling upwind for most of this trip.



 With frost on the windows and snowflakes a few days ago – it is time to go sailing….
P.S our new Fortress Anchor just arrived!

No comments: